Permit and Application Forms
You will need a Building Permit to :
- Build a new structure - residential or commercial, including but not limited to homes, mobile homes, modular homes, two-family or multi-family homes, businesses, etc.
- Build a shed, un-attached garage, car port, pole barn, etc.
( If under 100 Sq. Ft. and NOT electrified, no permit is required. )
- Do an alteration or addition to an existing structure both residential or commercial, including a change in pitch of roof.
- Build a deck.
- Install or erect a pool, spa or hot tub over 24" in depth.
- Erect or place a sign - including business identification, billboard or political.
- To change the use of a structure or property.
- To open a driveway onto a township road.
- Demolish an existing structure.
- To do a road opening.
WHAT FORMS WILL I NEED . . . ?
These are general guidelines. The fees, paperwork and requirements vary according to the project.
We are available to answer your questions and encourage you to contact us before starting a project.
The Zoning Office is open Monday and Wednesday - 12:00 to 1:30.
Call us at 570-226-6558 or stop in or via email through our Contact Form.
The Zoning Office hours are flexible and can also be by appointment. To schedule an appointment other than normal office hours, call in advance or use the Contact Form to schedule via email.
Road Opening Application- w/requirements
Digitizing these documents is a work in progress...
These forms are interactive and may be filled out at your keyboard and then printed.
This is the prefered method.
Adobe Reader or similar is required.
Whether or not you will be able to save the form, depends on YOUR installed software.
If you cannot save the form, print it immediately after filling it out.
Other Application Forms are available from our Building Inspector:
Building | Electrical | Mechanical | Plumbing
Permit Application Forms
Permit Applications > SubCode Applications
DCA 6-2009 Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide
Use the Contact Form for any questions you may have.