Permit and Application Forms

You will need a Building Permit to :


  • Build a new structure - residential or commercial, including but not limited to homes, mobile homes, modular homes, two-family or multi-family homes, businesses, etc.
  • Build a shed, un-attached garage, car port, pole barn, etc.
    ( If under 100 Sq. Ft. and NOT electrified, no permit is required. )
  • Do an alteration or addition to an existing structure both residential or commercial, including a change in pitch of roof.
  • Build a deck.
  • Install or erect a pool, spa or hot tub over 24" in depth.
  • Erect or place a sign - including business identification, billboard or political.
  • To change the use of a structure or property.
  • To open a driveway onto a township road.
  • Demolish an existing structure.
  • To do a road opening.



These are general guidelines.  The fees, paperwork and requirements vary according to the project.
We are available to answer your questions and encourage you to contact us before starting a project.

The Zoning Office is open Monday and Wednesday - 12:00 to 1:30.
Call us at 570-226-6558 or stop in or via email through our Contact Form.


The Zoning Office hours are flexible and can also be by appointment. To schedule an appointment other than normal office hours, call in advance or use the Contact Form to schedule via email.


Application for Building | Zoning Permit


Driveway Permit Application


Land Development Application


Major Subdivision Application


Minor Subdivision Application


Pool Permit Application


Road Opening Application- w/requirements


Sign Permit Application


Special Exception Application


Variance Application


Vendor Permit Application


Digitizing these documents is a work in progress...


These forms are interactive and may be filled out at your keyboard and then printed.
This is the prefered method.

Adobe Reader or similar is required.


Whether or not you will be able to save the form, depends on YOUR installed software.


If you cannot save the form, print it immediately after filling it out.

Other Application Forms are available from our Building Inspector:

Building | Electrical | Mechanical | Plumbing

Permit Application Forms


NorthEast Inspection Consultant - NEIC

Permit Applications > SubCode Applications


Deck Construction Checklist

DCA 6-2009 Prescriptive Residential Wood Deck Construction Guide


Residential Demolition Permit Checklist


Typical Above Ground Code Compliant Pool

Use the Contact Form for any questions you may have.